January 2, 2009

Bitchy Rant #1209

Segregation - BULLSEYE!


This is so obviously ridiculous as to be hardly worth commenting upon ... but nonetheless. Pre-Xmas, I was looking for super-twee instruments to give to my roommates. You know, children's rainbow xylophones, kazoos, anything that makes noise and comes in primary colors.

I am Amazoning and eBaying, getting an idea of what's available and price ranges, and a link directs me to a melodica sold on Target's site, the Schoenhut 37-key melodica.

Whatever, I'm not gonna buy gifts for my roommates from Target.

But then I saw the sidebar, where they had Kids' Musical Instruments divided into categories, "Boys' Music" and "Girls' Music." What, drums and trumpets for boys, recorders and pink sparkly microphones for girls?

Not even that!

Although the girls' section featured the addition of a Disney Princess something-or-other- oh, it's a xylophone book- the same gifts were otherwise the same in both categories, even including the Fancy Baby Grand Piano in Pink under the boys' section.


Why even bother?



Sincerely making Steve's anger look like soft kisses, sincerely,

Jenn H.

No comments:

Post a Comment