January 2, 2009

On a Soap Box #1309

Taco Trucks: A Love Story


I live my life between the meaty musk of Taco Trucks; everything else is a grey blur.

So delicious, so nourishing, so much better than the chains and the sit-downs. The day I discovered fresh cilantro, lime-drizzled beef, radish, onions, majesty; my family, my friends…women I’ve loved: all were dead to me. Taco Trucks are not a game to me, and I’m here to spread the gospel.I love Taco Trucks like some people love Jesus. I found them in my life, and I get upset when other people don’t feel the same way. Seriously, I feel a bit disappointed if someone isn’t willing to at least try it.

Hey, if you don’t like the food, that’s your thing. However, over the years I have had more than a couple of friends who have turned their noses up at the idea of eating food cooked in a truck. It’s always the same excuses, “It’s dirty,” “I’ll probably get sick,” “I don’t even speak Spanish.” That last one is just racist, slow down, Pat Buchanan.I’ve got no love for people who think Taco Trucks are but a trifle, none. In fact, I’m struck by how sanitary these people think food is prepared in a normal restaurant’s kitchen. Do you think we live in a world where everyone washes their hands after deploying bombs? How much do you think honesty and compassion are a part of the fabric of our society? Enough that if someone dropped your steak on a dirty ass ground, they wouldn’t still serve it to you with a smile?

If you’re going to get messed with, it’s pretty much going to happen anywhere, so hop right off that hater train. Why not enjoy DELICIOUS food for a fraction of the price? Let me buy you a taco, I’ve got a pamphlet you should check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment